[CRISP-TEAM] Future Status of the CRISP Team [Feedback: by 5/12]

Sweeting, John john.sweeting at twcable.com
Mon May 2 15:18:07 CEST 2016

Hi Izumi,

I can make either day work. I think option 1 is ok since it really means
that we are just on standby in case the NRO EC sees a need for us in the
process. I think option 2 is probably the same, if the NRO EC sees a need
then they would most likely call on the current members that are


On 5/2/16, 5:37 AM, "crisp-bounces at nro.net on behalf of Izumi Okutani"
<crisp-bounces at nro.net on behalf of izumi at nic.ad.jp> wrote:

>Dear CRISP Team,
>We would like to consult you about the status of the CRISP Team.
>The NRO EC chair reached out to the CRISP team chairs last week, to
>discuss the status of the CRISP Team. The NRO EC believes the current
>status of the CRISP team is unclear at the moment, and needs to be
>Their observation is that with the SLA finalised, there is most likely no
>foreseeable concrete work needed by the CRISP Team in the future.
>We agreed that there will be almost no activity for the CRISP team
>between now and the expected completion of the transition in Sep.
>However, as there are still implementation steps waiting to be completed,
>in the unlikely event of input needed from the community, there needs to
>be a clarity on how that is handled.
>We discussed two scenarios:
>1. The CRISP Team reduces all activity to 0, and becomes dormant. In the
>event of community input on the IANA transition needed before September,
>the CRISP team will reactivate and respond within its charter. If there
>are no such events, until it will formally resolve upon the completion of
>the transition. We have discussed it in the CRISP Team and this is not a
>new idea.
>2. The CRISP team closes down officially immediately without waiting for
>the transition to be completed. If an event arises that requires
>community input before the completion of the IANA transition, the NRO EC
>will create a new CRISP team (CRISP 2.0), which will respond on behalf of
>the community. This is an idea shared by the NRO EC Chair.
>The chairs discussed this among ourselves after our conversation with the
>NRO EC chair. We both feel that there is better clarity and continuity,
>if the CRISP team remains open, but dormant unless called upon, until the
>completion of the transition. While we don¹t believe it is very likely
>that the CRISP team is called upon to act between now and September, we
>also see very little cost in keeping it open, but dormant. In our view, a
>potential new CRISP 2.0 introduces new ambiguity at the very final stages
>of this process.
>However as we have done with every step of this process, we would like to
>consult the whole team on this issue. We welcome any inputs online/at the
>call from you before Thu 12th May.
>Hence, we would like to suggest to move the next CRISP Team call to
> -  Mon 9th May  UTC1300 or
> -  Tue 10th May UTC1300
>(Instead of 25th May as our next regular call, which is during RIPE 67)
>*If you are unavailable on either of the dates (or both), please let us
>We'll decide the date of the next CRISP call by 4th May, based on number
>of available members.
>Nurani & Izumi
>CRISP mailing list
>CRISP at nro.net


This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner Cable proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and any printout.

More information about the CRISP mailing list