[CRISP-TEAM] IPR: Invitation for the CRISP Chairs to join the next CWG call

Izumi Okutani izumi at nic.ad.jp
Thu Jan 14 04:03:29 CET 2016

Dear CRISP Team,

This is to update you that preliminary agreement in the CWG is to work based on the requirements shared by the IANAPLAN.

Unfortunately neither me nor Nurani were able to make it to the call during their discussions on IPR but we both observe their outcome is consistent with the CRISP Team's feedback.
The notes and the transcripts of the #74 CWC call are available at: https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=56986711

The discussions have also started on specifics of the requirements to be reflected in the contracts and tentatively consider the IETF Trust as the holder of the mark, while this is not a final decision.

 See "FW: IPR follow up"
 http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/cwg-stewardship/2016-January/subject.html#start

I believe we need an equivalent review from the numbers community perspective and will need feedback from RIRs on the specifics of the requirements.
The CRISP Team can make an observation whether a certain requirement is consistent with the ICG proposal/CRISP IPR principles (as we did for the SLA and Review Committee Charter) but I think it would be more appropriate for the RIRs (legal team) to review the requirements and provide feedback.

I'd like to discuss this further at the coming CRISP call at UTC1300 and welcome feedback online for those who are not able to attend the call.

Izumi