[CRISP-TEAM] Some Follow up Items
izumi at nic.ad.jp
Thu Jan 22 12:11:27 CET 2015
On 2015/01/22 19:42, Andrei Robachevsky wrote:
> Alan Barrett wrote on 22/01/15 11:17:
>>>>>> * Establish a process for selecting the Review Committee.
>>> Just to clarify, based on information shared by Andrei, we inform the
>>> IANAXFER list that we plan to do this in Step III (after Step II is
>>> It may be premature to inform RIRs at this stage, as the ICG may make
>>> some changes after integration of the proposal with those of the other
>>> two communities (protocol parameter and names).
>> No, I think we should inform the RIRs now. We can also mention that the
>> ICG may make some changes, but I'd like to give the RIRs as much notice
>> as possible.
> I was actually suggesting that we wait till Phase I is over (no later
> than 15 February, according to the timeline), since until then our work
> is not done, as I see it. Once the CRISP proposal is formally accepted,
> it makes sense to communicate this fact, along with possible follow-up
> items (I suppose the ICG may provide their perspective in their formal
> response, too).
Would this work for you Alan?
Wait until Phase I is over?
I have mixed feelings about which phase to formally request as :
- it's better to be early for preparation but
- it seems to me RIRs can proceed from now in reality as they consider
as needed, without waiting for the CRISP Team and
- don't want to appear as though we are not ready to listen to the
ICG/the other two communities.
Theoretically, some part of our proposal may change - so requesting
after Phase II may be safe. If we can clearly explain that in case there
are any changes after Phase III, it could incorporated by RIRs, I am OK
with requesting RIR earlier as well.
I would also be interested to hear from the CRISP Team members joining
as RIR staff (and any other CRISP Team members who have opinions about
More information about the CRISP