[CRISP-TEAM] Some Follow up Items

Izumi Okutani izumi at nic.ad.jp
Thu Jan 22 10:44:18 CET 2015

Hi Andrei and all,

On 2015/01/22 18:29, Andrei Robachevsky wrote:
> Hi Izumi,
>
> Izumi Okutani wrote on 22/01/15 06:24:
>>>
>>> I thought of more follow-up items.
>>>
>>> We have submitted the proposal to the ICG, but perhaps we should also
>>> inform the RIRs that the proposal requires some action from them:
>>>
>>> * Draft a contract and SLA, with community consultation;
>>>
>>> * Establish a process for conducting reviews;
>>>
>>> * Establish a process for selecting the Review Committee.
>>>

>> I see you have listed the points raised by Seun.
>>
>> So would the idea be that we inform RIRs to take a note and be prepared
>> for the actions to be done before the transition?
>>
>> Then perhaps inform the IANAXFER that the CRISP Team's part of the
>> consideration and action is done now hand over the RIRs for details on
>> how they do this, including the timeline?
>>
>> Assuming this is assumption is correct, it makes sense to me personally.
>>

> I was reading a very good blogpost from Alissa Cooper
> (http://www.circleid.com/posts/20150120_iana_transition_planning_proceeding_in_fine_internet_style/),
> where she reminded of the process phases
> (https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/iana-transition-assembly-finalization-24dec14-en.pdf).
>
> I am not sure we can take any further steps until the Phase I for our
> proposal is over, specifically, when the ICG "publicly documents the
> fact that the proposal is ready to move on to Step II".
>
>  From the same document it seems we should get some clarity before 15
> February.

Indeed. From this schedule, we should to wait until Phase II is
completed, when we have more concrete picture of the integrated proposal.

Thanks for reminding me about this and clarifying it.

Actually, I wasn't totally sure if it is expected for the CRISP Team to
raise anything to RIRs until Alan has listed the actions -  but seeing
some questions on the IANAXFER list I have come to think that it
probably helps to draw a clear line of hand-over from the CRISP to RIRs.

Izumi