[CRISP-TEAM] 2ND CRISP IANA PROPOSAL Draft - Updated 1440UTC

Alan Barrett apb at cequrux.com
Thu Jan 8 16:14:05 CET 2015

On Thu, 08 Jan 2015, Alan Barrett wrote:
>Thank you again, Michael.
>
>In the process of editin the ReviewCommittee text, we seem to have
>lost the idea that the members will be suitably qualified and from all
>RIRs.  This is probably my fault.  Please give me a few minutes to
>suggest text.

We have lost these words from the first draft:

    Any such Review Committee should be a team composed of
    representatives from each RIR region

I suggest to add a new paragraph at the end of section III.A.4, saying
just:

    The Review Committee should be a team composed of
    representatives from each RIR region.

Then the entire section would read:

[[[

II.A.4. Establishment of a Review Committee

To ensure the service level defined in the proposed contract is
maintained and provided by the IANA functions operator, the NRO
EC will conduct periodic reviews of the service level of the
IANA number resource functions that serves each RIR and their
respective communities.

The NRO EC shall establish a Review Committee that will advise and
assist the NRO EC in its periodic review. The Review Committee
will, as needed, undertake a review of the level of service
received from the IANA functions operator and report to the
NRO EC any concerns regarding the performance of the IANA
functions operator, including especially any observed failure
or near-failure by the IANA functions operator to meet its
contractual obligations under the proposed contract. Any such
Review Committee will advise the NRO EC in its capacity solely to
oversee the performance of the IANA number resource functions and
the Review Committee’s advice and comment will be limited to the
processes followed in the IANA functions operator’s performance
under the proposed contract. Activities of the Review Committee
shall be conducted in an open and transparent manner. Reports from
the Review Committee shall be published.

The Review Committee should be a team composed of representatives
from each RIR region.

]]]

--apb (Alan Barrett)