[CRISP-TEAM] Fwd: Re: [Ianaplan] Question from the ICG

Alan Barrett apb at cequrux.com
Tue Feb 10 20:30:43 CET 2015

On Tue, 10 Feb 2015, Izumi Okutani wrote:
>My suggeston below:
>1. Discuss within the CRISP Team whether we are willing to consider
>revising the proposal, and also consult with the community.

I think that we do not need to change our proposal.  Our proposal
expressed preferences, but did not state it as a requirement that the
IPR be transferred to the IETF Trust, or that anything be done before
the transition.  So even if negotiations fail and nothing is done, I
thinkt that would still satisfy our proposal.

>I will update what I hear from the IETF folks and consult you on the ML
>whether we are willing to consider changes.
>(at this stage, simply whether we are willing to re-consider, withougt
>details on how we do it)

Initial indications are that the IETF Trust will probably be willing to
accept the IANA trademark and IANA.ORG domain name, and the IETF will
probably have no objection to that.

>2. Respond to the ICG before 21 Feb, whether we are willing to
>re-considering the proposal
> - based on discussions in step1
>3. discuss within the CRISP team to summarize the situation, to prepare
>to consult with the community (it is not a decision)

I think that we need to ask the community much sooner.  That's why I had
it as the very first step in my proposal.

There needs to be community input in parallel with whatever discussions
we have with the IETF and IETF Trust.

--apb (Alan Barrett)

More information about the CRISP mailing list