[CRISP-TEAM] Fwd: Re: [Ianaplan] Question from the ICG

Andrei Robachevsky robachevsky at isoc.org
Mon Feb 9 20:58:52 CET 2015

Hi Izumi,

Izumi Okutani wrote on 09/02/15 18:48:
[...]

> "If these aspects of the proposals are perceived as incompatible would
> the numbers and protocol parameters communities be willing to modify
> their proposals to reconcile them?"
>
> Are we willing to modify the proposal and reconcile?

If this appear to be the case, I think we should try to reconcile them.
But looking at the discussion in the IETF we may not need to do that at
all, since it looks like there is no incompatibility between the two
proposals.

> The rationale of the IETF is that it is not a high priority to address
> the IPR issues on IANA trademark and iana.org and may need to consider
> serveral factors which may not be completed before the transition.
>
> The bottom line for us, my personal opinion is that we simply want to
> make sure that the existing IANA operator does not hold on and disallow
> the transfer those IPRs.
>
> As long as it is stated as the condition in the contract, it is not a
> must to transfer IPR to a particular organization before the NTIA
> stewardship transition on the IANA.
>
> What are your thoughts?

I think the community was pretty clear regarding the transfer of thee
assets. If we want to modify this section we will have to confirm this
with the community, IMO.

Cheers,

Andrei